Drop Down MenusCSS Drop Down MenuPure CSS Dropdown Menu

Sunday, February 20, 2011

Dredging Oyster Creek


Here are three photos of dredging in Oyster Creek. I'm not sure of the date. (I think all three pictures were taken at the same time, although the last one may have a different date than the first two.) My best guess is sometime around 1930, give or take a few years.


The last photo is obviously south of the Highway 90A bridge, probably not too far from Coburn's Dam (Dam #2) which would be out of view
on the right. (The camera is pointed northward toward the Refinery.)

Since telephone poles are visible in the first two photos (and I can't think of another area where they'd be that close to Oyster Creek, I think all the pictures are roughly the same location, about where Coburn's Dam is.) That means Oyster Creek Drive is on the left in the first two pictures and on the right in the last. The Brookside Subdivision is on the right in the first two, and on the left in the last.