Drop Down MenusCSS Drop Down MenuPure CSS Dropdown Menu

Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Uncle Bert Lynn, Host of Looney Town on KPRC


I don't recall where this pictures came from, but I may have found it on the Facebook page, "Southwest Houston - Do you remember when ... ?"   If you're a Facebook subscriber, you may want to check it out.


Uncle Bert Lynn hosted a kids' show on KPRC TV in the 1950s.  It was called "Looney Town."  I vaguely recall watching it.  One of my classmates has told me she was on the show.

I found this comment on another Web site about Houston history: 

"That sailboat place inbound between Park Place and the South Loop was and still is Lynn's Sailboats. It was opened and owned for a good many years by the late Bert Lynn, who owned Lynn's Music Shop on Telephone at Park Place and was also Uncle Bert Lynn on KPRC TV's Looney Town in the mid '50s. That was an afternoon kid show a lot like the show Kitirik did on channel 13.

As this person indicates, Bert Lynn had the misfortune of competing with Kitirik.  She beat him hands down.
 

2 comments:

  1. Bert looks a little like Joe E. Brown. I remember him, too. Didn't he play a steel guitar on the show?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sam Bagby, former resident of Texas CitySeptember 13, 2016 at 1:10 PM

      Uncle Bert could make his steel guitar "talk". He was the reason I chose the steel guitar for music lessons before I realized that it was used almost exclusively for country music.

      Delete