Drop Down MenusCSS Drop Down MenuPure CSS Dropdown Menu

Saturday, May 15, 2010

Labor Day Weekend at Bill Williams Restaurant & Motel, September, 1958


I don't want to put too much personal stuff on this site, but I thought I'd post the following video. Some of you may remember Bill Williams Restaurant & Motel just east of Richmond on the south side of Highway-90A. My grandmother, Mamie Adams Rachuig, took her 5 grandchildren there for a Labor Day treat in 1958 just before school started. We had an enjoyable weekend, as you'll see in the video.


Video of Labor Day Weekend at Bill Williams, 1958

2 comments:

  1. Your grandmother was so pretty,...just like your mom and your aunt. Looks like you guys had a good time. Great videos...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Janice: My memory of this weekend was wrong for several years. I've always thought it happened in 1957, but when I saw Bridget in this film, I couldn't believe she was less than a year old. It finally dawned on me that it was 1958. It was the weekend before we began the 3rd grade. I remember Punt Helmcamp was there too. Don't know why - he may have worked there or decided to take a little R&R at the local resort. CK

    ReplyDelete