Drop Down MenusCSS Drop Down MenuPure CSS Dropdown Menu

Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Char House Construction Photos, 1925


I worked with a team of Sugar Land Historical Society volunteers this past weekend at the Imperial Refinery site. Johnson Developers were kind enough to let us look through the rubble for 'souvenirs.' We got to look in the Char House, which reminded me of these pictures which Mark Schumann had posted on Facebook. He kindly let me download & post them here.

I don't know much about the Char House construction project in 1925. Mr. A. H. Weth was chief engineer at Imperial. I presume Imperial hired a construction firm to build the Char House, and Mr. Weth worked with them very closely. I don't know if these were his personal pictures or not; regardless, they are fascinating to me.

The link below is to a Picassa Slide Show. Put your mouse button over the pictures to display a control panel that will let you pause the automatic page change. Mark has provided good captions for many of the photos.

Link to Slide Show