Drop Down MenusCSS Drop Down MenuPure CSS Dropdown Menu

Monday, October 6, 2014

Thompson Chapel Missionary Baptist Church


On Sunday, September 28th I attended services at Thompson Chapel Missionary Baptist Church, which celebrated its 134th anniversary.  I've talked with my brother Bruce, and we think it may be the oldest active church in Sugar Land.  We need to do more research, but there's good reason to think we're correct.

Click here to view a bulletin from the service, which includes a history of the church.  I recognize several names listed in the history and mentioned during the service.

I took a hand-held camera to record the service.   I haven't finished editing the video, but I've prepared a short preview.

Click here to view a short video of the 134th anniversary celebration at Thompson Chapel Baptist Church.  

My thanks go to Rev. Henry Hollis and Pamela Moore for inviting me to the church festivities.