Drop Down MenusCSS Drop Down MenuPure CSS Dropdown Menu

Sunday, June 22, 2014

Follow Up


I found another photo of Dorothy Trout Mason (SLHS '31) later in her life.  (She was the Sugar Land woman who joined the US Navy during WWII, and worked in Washington, D. C., maybe as a secretary to James Forrestal, Secretary of the Navy.)
 
  
I wish I could remember the name of the woman on the left, but that is Dorothy in the middle with Mrs. Martha Pirtle on the right.  I don't have a date, but it was probably taken in the 1970s.

We've had some discussion about a woman who appears in the 1947 Awards Banquet photo.  Several of us think it is Etna Schindler.  Any other suggestions?
   
 
Belinda Jenkins Faison (DHS '69) identified her father in the same photo.  I don't know how I missed him.

Roy Lemke (DHS '74) has identified Joe Ruzicka, Maintenance Supervisor of the Packing Department, as one of the men in the most recent photo of Imperial employees.

Joe Ruzicka

And finally, Jon Pitts (DHS '61) helped me out with the Jester brick manufacturing plant.  (Thanks for the great info, Jon.)  Here's what he said:
  
Chuck, the Jester Brick Plant shut down in the summer of 1979. I know this because I was the one who shut it down. I worked there from January 1975 till I shut it down and was the last state employee to be classified, "Brick Plant Manager". It operated at the Jester 1 site from 1934 till 1979. I don't know the exact location prior to 1934, but I'm sure it was not very far away from the final location, because of the clay deposit location pattern. I possess the last brick that was manufactured at the plant.