Drop Down MenusCSS Drop Down MenuPure CSS Dropdown Menu

Friday, September 30, 2011

Demolition of Old Buildings in Sugar Land (Late 1960s)


I found this article in an old issue of The Crown, Imperial Sugar Company's monthly, employee bulletin.  I'm too lazy to dig out the article to find the exact date, but I'm reasonably sure T. C. Rozelle wrote it for publication in the late '60s.

I thought I'd post it since the Sugar Land Heritage Foundation will have it's inaugural Farmer's Market this weekend in roughly the same location where these buildings once stood.  
 




Here are some photos of what the area looked like in the '20s.




Here's a photo of the first City Hall in the early 1960s.  T. C. mentions it in his article (above).

The Helmcamps let me scan these photos, which their father 'Boots' took sometime in the '70s.