Drop Down MenusCSS Drop Down MenuPure CSS Dropdown Menu

Thursday, September 22, 2011

Fort Bend County Fair


1951

I've posted many of these things before, but I thought I'd post them in a set since the 2011 Fair starts this week.  Here is the cover of the handbook for the 1951 Fair.  (My thanks to the Helmcamp family for letting me scan their handbook.)


This next page shows Pete Coburn (SLHS '52), his prize winning-calf & Boots Helmcamp, fair official.  I presume Pete & his calf won at the '50 Fair since his picture appears in the '51 handbook.



This last picture shows Boots with Beverly Friend (SLHS '52), Queen of the Fair in 1951.


1952

These next images come from the '52 fair handbook, also in the Helmcamp family archive.







1953

Here is a photo from The Texas Coaster of the '53 fair queen candidates.  This copy came from the Chuzzy Jenkins family archive.


1954

This final picture shows the Gator Band marching through Rosenberg in the 1954 fair parade.