Drop Down MenusCSS Drop Down MenuPure CSS Dropdown Menu

Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Gas Explosion In Stafford - February, 1964


My thanks to Rick Kirkpatrick for this clip from The Fort Bend Mirror published on February 27, 1964. Several of my friends remember this event; we've compared recollections. I was in Sugar Land that night & remember hearing it and seeing a very bright glow in the east. I figured the world was coming to an end.


On the other hand we heard the roar from Meyer Speedway if the wind was blowing right.



2 comments:

  1. I remember that night. I was in bed and the explosion blow our front door open. From my house (on Stafford Road), I thought the whole town was on fire.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It must have been something if you were close to it. I'm not kidding, I heard it and saw it in SL.

    ReplyDelete