Drop Down MenusCSS Drop Down MenuPure CSS Dropdown Menu

Sunday, August 1, 2010

Shelton Home Movies of Sugar Land Gator Track Meets, Spring of 1954


Many thanks to Mary Shelton & her daughter Nancy for sharing these home movies with me. They are a transfer from a VCR, so they aren't as sharp as they could be. (Maybe we can get the original film digitized.) Anyway, I thought they were interesting enough to post to this blog. It is very hard to identify boys running in the races, so I've posted a newspaper article that details who was on the track team. I doubt these movies show the district meet, but I could be wrong. Maybe some of the participants or eye witnesses can give me relevant details.

Here's the newspaper article covering the 1954 district meet. (This clipping comes from Bennie Rychlik's scrap book.)

(Update) Jackie James has told me she and Jerry Nichols appear at the 2:00 and 2:12 marks. I thought that was her, but I didn't recognize Jerry.



Video of track meets.