Drop Down MenusCSS Drop Down MenuPure CSS Dropdown Menu

Monday, August 30, 2010

Margaret Albritton Hill


Most of you know Margaret Albritton Hill, long-time resident of Sugar Land, died a few weeks ago. About 10 years ago I talked with Margaret about old Sugar Land and really enjoyed our chats. (She still lived in Sugar Land at that time.) I wish we could have talked more. (My brother traveled to Seattle to do a formal interview for The Sugar Land Historical Society. I'm sure he heard some good tales about Sugar Land history.)

Here is an abbreviated transcript of one of my conversations with her.

I should add that Margaret's sister Thelma participated in this interview. They refer to their mother, Annie Albritton, who for many years ran the tea shop & boarding house in the old Eldridge home in front of the Char House.

Transcript of Interview