Drop Down MenusCSS Drop Down MenuPure CSS Dropdown Menu

Sunday, August 1, 2010

Picture of Gator Track Team After A Meet in the Spring of 1952


I've corresponded with the Texas Sports Hall of Fame about Gator memorabilia. They kindly lent me this photo, which probably came from the Chuzzy Jenkins family scrapbook which his daughters, Janice & Nancy, donated to the museum. I can identify several boys, but I could use some help.

(Update from B.I. Webb) The boy in the back with his hand raised is Leo Gomez, Class of '52. He was the team's high jumper and won several meets. Many thanks to B.I. for this info.

(Updates from Carlos Tarver & Judy Harrington Diamond) Carlos & Judy say the two boys I identified as Boyds are not them. They are not sure who they are. Carlos has told me Bo Vogelsang is the boy in the letterman's jacket third from the right. He also said John Boyd is standing behind Tommy Fatheree - you can see his nose and part of his face.

(I think Leo is holding up his high jump ribbon for the camera.)



Front kneeling from left: J.B. Kachinski, Ernest Trevino, Pete Coburn.
Standing from left: Kenneth Hall, Tommy Fatheree, unknown boy in back with hand raised, William 'Butch' Boyd (?), John Boyd (?), Mickey Kachinski, Carlos Tarver, George Salmon.