Drop Down MenusCSS Drop Down MenuPure CSS Dropdown Menu

Sunday, November 3, 2013

Updates On Recent Postings


Here's the 1948 Sugar Land High School Prom Photo I posted a couple of weeks ago.  (My thanks go to Tom Woolley whose mother, Ellen Pausewang Woolley is in the front row.)



I got the following note from may aunt, Mayme Rachuig Hause (SLHS '48).

Can't imagine where I was. Tuggie Laperouse Krehmeier is the first on the left front row. Middle of front row is Betty Sue Douglas, Marilyn Berg Chaney, last one is Ellen Pausewang Woolley, and to her right is Dorothy Topalanek Humphries.  The teacher is Ida Landruth. The fourth girl in the dark gown front row is Frances Koon Tise, behind her is her husband, Charlie Tise.  The tall guy behind Charlie is Donald Brooks. Marjorie Hauerland is third from left. Most shown on front row were Junior class.

I can add a few myself.  The boy in the white suit on the front row is Alton Muehr. Jimmy Seay is just behind his right shoulder.  The boy on the far left wearing glasses is Harry McBride.  Behind him is Marjorie Wappler. The tallest boy in the back on the left is Taz Watson.  My mother is the girl next to him -- you can see just the left side of her face behind Jimmy Seay.  Two people I'd expect to see in the photo (but don't appear) are my aunt and Dorothy Moses Jenkins.  We're still not sure why.

I also received some info on the photo of DHS's Class of 1960 as 2nd graders in 1951. 



Pam Helmcamp Clark provided the following:

More recognized faces on 2nd grade picture: Standing on back row from left to right on end is Bonnie Draemer. Marilyn Milam is standing next to Julia Chernosky on the back row.  Jim Greenwald is sitting in front of Mrs. Pyrtle. I think on the front row next to Victor Elsberry is Chris Pilot?

And finally, Leon Anhaiser helped identify one of the men in the picture of the swimming pool at the City Park on 7th St.


He identified the third man from the left as Vic Novasad who was a Lions member and Postmaster in SL. (Update) Norm Prasatik has identified the man in the suit as Logene Foster.  Thanks, Norm.

My thanks to everyone for helping with photo identifications.
   

1 comment:

  1. Prom 1948 picture spelling correction: Charlie Tise and France Koon Tise, instead of Tice.

    ReplyDelete