Drop Down MenusCSS Drop Down MenuPure CSS Dropdown Menu

Sunday, November 17, 2013

Sugar Land Demolishes Danbury 53-12 in 1953


No surprise that the Sugar Land Gators smashed Danbury in their match at Kempner Field in 1953.  The score was a lopsided 53-12 margin, but the newspaper story was about Kenneth Hall approaching another record.
 
  
He broke Dick Todd's single-game record with 49 points in an earlier game that season against Lutheran High School.  The previous week, he broke Todd's three-year scoring record.  Now he was rapidly approaching Todd's 4-year scoring record.

Those of you who attended the Chautauqua Talk a few weeks ago heard Ken say he held 17 high school records at one time.  I think they all relate to rushing yardage, total yardage and points scored.  I'm sorry to say I don't know which ones still stand.  I believe his record for average points per game over a career still stands, but I can't guarantee that I'm right.