Drop Down MenusCSS Drop Down MenuPure CSS Dropdown Menu

Monday, April 21, 2014

Old Sugar Land Residents


I'm saddened to report the deaths of more long-time residents of Sugar Land.  The first is a long-time friend of the Kelly family, Carl Batten.  Some of you may have known him through Imperial, the Lions Club, the A&M former students association, or his daughters Debbie (DHS '74) and Donna, who is also a Dulles graduate, but I'm not sure of her graduation year.  Our families were good friends, so I'm very sorry to hear this news.  Here is an obituary.

Carl Batten on the left with Franklin Lubajosky at the Imperial Personnel Office sometime around 1960.

Carl Batten on the left between Jim Skiles and Bobby Borowski.  Bill Little is on the right.  Date & location are unknown.

Some of you will remember Vic Novosad, Sugar Land Postmaster.  He died earlier this month.  My sincerest condolences go to his family.  Here is an obituary.

 
Vic Novosad is second from the right.

Finally, I want to extend my sympathy to the Williamson-Wise family on the death of Estelle Williamson.  She lived on The Hill for many years, was a member of Sugar Land's First Baptist Church, and worked as a school nurse at Lakeview Elementary.  I know her husband worked at the prison farm, and her children, Lowell and Annette, were graduates of Dulles High School.  Here is an obituary.