Drop Down MenusCSS Drop Down MenuPure CSS Dropdown Menu

Monday, April 21, 2014

More People of Old Sugar Land


A. H. Weth was Imperial Sugar's chief engineer for many, many years.  I don't know the exact dates, but he worked for Imperial from the 1920s to the 1960s.  He's an interesting man, so I'll have more to say about him in the future.  

Terrell Smith gave me copies of the first four photos, so I want to thank him for them.  They show locations at a place Mr. & Mrs. Weth owned in Central Texas.  At least one of my high school friends was a guest of the Weths in the Hill Country back when my friend was a young boy.  He has fond memories of those visits.


Mr. A. H. Weth on the left & Mr. W. H. Louviere, Sr. on the right.  Mr. Louviere was President of Imperial Sugar in the 1950s & '60s.



An undated photo of Jane McMeans & Boots Helmcamp inside the old Sugar Land Depot, I think. 

An undated photo of Mr. & Mrs. George Morales, Sr.

An undated photo of Mr. & Mrs. Heywood Davis.

A photo of Dugan Hightower showing Sonny Astorga & Leon Anhaiser how to run fast, probably in the spring of '57.

Charlie Thomas & two unidentified men at an opening day for Sugar Land Little League.