Drop Down MenusCSS Drop Down MenuPure CSS Dropdown Menu

Thursday, August 25, 2011

The Palms Theater (Continued)


I thought you might be interested in some background on Monte Hale, the western movie idol posing with Ida Seitz Plokuda & Mickey Wanjura Dylla in the picture shown in last week's post.  (He had a bit part in "Giant.")



After looking closely at the photo from last week, I had to research "The Mask."  I found info at the link below.  It was a 3-D film made in Canada - that country's first horror film!  Sounds like it's pretty horrible.





I wonder if anyone else remembers "The Tingler."  It was another horror movie with a technological gimmick.  Theater operators put buzzers under random seats & set them off at suspenseful moments in the film.  I remember seeing "The Mask" and wearing the disposable 3-D 'glasses' with red & green lenses.  I'm pretty sure I saw "The Tingler," but I don't recall the buzzers.  (Notice that the trailer is available on IMDb, if you need a reminder.)