Drop Down MenusCSS Drop Down MenuPure CSS Dropdown Menu

Monday, December 9, 2013

Jerry Naill, Local Recording Artist


Annette Williamson Wise (DHS '64) gave me a 45 rpm record long ago of "Bring My Sweetheart Back To Me" and "My Heart Cries Out," by sung her Dulles classmate, Jerry Naill.  This record hit the shops in January 1964, when Jerry was a senior at Dulles.  I believe Jerry lived in Fresno or Arcola back then.

My brother digitized the record for me recently.    You can hear the songs by clicking this link.
 
From the 1961 Viking yearbook

Jerry appeared in the feature-length movie, "Tomboy And The Champ," which was filmed in Katy in 1960 and debuted in Houston in the spring of 1961, when Jerry was a freshman at Dulles.  Here's a short newsreel clip of opening night -- Jerry appears at the end.