Drop Down MenusCSS Drop Down MenuPure CSS Dropdown Menu

Monday, July 25, 2011

Dulles High School in the 1960s


I got a note from Mark Schumann (DHS '76) saying the Class of '76 is having a reunion on August 6th from 7:00 PM to 11:00 PM at Regal Ranch in Stafford. They've invited the classes of '75 & '77 to attend. If you want to RSVP, send me an email message or post a comment to this blog entry, and I'll get your message to Mark.

Unfortunately, I don't have any photos or memorabilia for '76, so I'll post some ancient history from the school's first decade. (My thanks to Linda Hagler Mosk for these scans.) This first clipping comes from The Fort Bend Mirror, published in May of 1962. The Dulles Band was doing good things even then.



Here are some of my classmates ('68) who were elected home room officers in our freshman year (1964/65).



Here's a program from the Powder Puff football game played in the spring of '67. You can identify the hosses -- they have asterisks by their names.



Here are some of my classmates who were in the Senior Spotlight of The Viking Shield in 1968.