Drop Down MenusCSS Drop Down MenuPure CSS Dropdown Menu

Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Imperial Sugar Television Ads, Late '50s & Early '60s


TracyLocke, located in Dallas, was the advertising agency for Imperial Sugar back in the stone age. I found 6 television commercials they created for Imperial in the late 1950s & early 1960s. I don't remember these commercials. I don't think Houston stations ran many Imperial commercials. The only one I vaguely recall had an animated stick figure (my brother recalls his name was 'Impy') who said "It's quick dissolving!" as he jumped into a glass of iced tea.


A couple of these ads promote Imperial cookbooks. My mother handled their cookbook campaigns in the late '50s & early '60s. The My First Cookbook ad may date from 1959. (There were additional campaigns in the 1960s.) The Aunt Cora's campaign dates from 1963. I remember those campaigns well. You wouldn't believe the volume of requests Imperial received.

Undated Commercial #1

Undated Commercial #2


Undated Commercial #3

Undated Commercial #4


My First Cookbook Commercial

Aunt Cora Cookbook Commercial