Drop Down MenusCSS Drop Down MenuPure CSS Dropdown Menu

Friday, May 6, 2016

Friends of Old Sugar Land


On the afternoon of Sunday, April 17th, the Friends of Old Sugar Land celebrated their 25th anniversary at the Live Oak Grill.  Unfortunately, a plumbing problem at home meant I couldn't spend as much time with them as I'd hoped, but I enjoyed what I had at the celebration.  Here are a few photos from the event.  (Thanks Darren Acosta.)

I got one of these nifty t-shirts.

"That's Uncle Bubba!?"

Two old timers reminiscing.

Checking the old record book.

Somebody has a lot of miles on him, or her.

All the modern conveniences.

"Let's look it up."

Memories of an earlier celebration.

Just a few old photos to ponder.

Main St. bridge in the 1920s. Note the buildings in the background.  (From the Dierks family collection.)

A very early photo of 2nd St. - before 1st St. was developed.

2nd St. from the top of the auditorium.