Drop Down MenusCSS Drop Down MenuPure CSS Dropdown Menu

Tuesday, August 11, 2015

Then-and-Now Photos of San Antonio's River Walk & Other Locations


I recently found the following photograph taken in 1870 of an area on the San Antonio River Walk.



As you can tell from the caption, St. Mary's Church is in the background, and the Twohig House is on the right.  The camera is facing northeast.  Today's East Commerce Street Bridge over the San Antonio River is out of frame on the right.  I tried to get a contemporary view, but the next image is the best I could do.  The Twohig House stood roughly where the pink building now stands.
   


As I did this research I came across a set of then-and-now photos of other spots on the River Walk and dispersed locations in San Antonio.  Click here to view the photos