Drop Down MenusCSS Drop Down MenuPure CSS Dropdown Menu

Tuesday, June 30, 2015

News & Updates

Unfortunately, I have some sad news to report.  First, Betty Pence passed away recently.  I don't have a newspaper obituary, but I have the following item from her funeral service.  I didn't remember until someone mentioned it, but Betty graduated from Missouri City High School in 1950. (I think that's the correct year.) 

My sincerest condolences and best wishes go to her daughter Valerie and her son Kevin.



I also receive word that long-time Sugar Land resident Jewell Jenkins, Jr. passed away earlier this month.  I've posted a handout from his funeral service.  My best go to Jewell's wife, children, grandchildren, and his sister Ella in their time of grief.


   
I want to thank Wayne Landin (DHS '66) for reminding me that the John McCord family lived on Belknap Ct., rather than South Belknap St.  You can see the Landin's garage across the street on the right in the photo I posted recently.
 


I also want to thank John Paul Pausewang (DHS '67) for his message saying Sugarland Industries used CU as their cattle brand. He suggests the 'C U Ranch' on the chuck wagon in the photo below (posted earlier) may refer to Sugarland Industries.
  

  
Last but not least, I want to let you know that the Old Foster Community Museum will have its summer fundraiser in August.  Here's a flyer.  You'll enjoy a great time for a good cause.