Drop Down MenusCSS Drop Down MenuPure CSS Dropdown Menu

Wednesday, July 15, 2015

German WWII POWs in Fort Bend County


I've posted an item about this topic in the past - click here to view the entry.  I found another article a couple of weeks ago, which led me to look for photos of POWs in Fort Bend County - click here to view the recent article.  I've seen a few in the past but couldn't find them now.  Maybe they are no longer online.  

However, I found this undated photo, which is interesting.  It shows the funeral procession for a dead German POW inmate in Rosenberg, I think.  The camp was located on the old Fort Bend County Fair Grounds, where the Fiesta supermarket now stands.

An Undated Photograph of a Funeral Procession at a German P.O.W. Camp (http://texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth610922/ : accessed July 15, 2015), University of North Texas Libraries, The Portal to Texas History, http://texashistory.unt.edu; crediting Fort Bend County Libraries, Richmond, Texas.
Notice the lone diehard who's giving the Nazi salute. (Now that I look closer, I can see a few more in the distance.)