Drop Down MenusCSS Drop Down MenuPure CSS Dropdown Menu

Monday, March 18, 2013

Inmate Cartoons from Central Unit 1


I saw Mike Bunting (DHS '66) last week.  He gave me some things he found as he cleaned out his mother's closet.  He is donating several of them to the Sugar Land Museum, including a photograph of management and staff in 1976.  (I think that's the correct date).   

He's also donated 10 cartoons drawn by an inmate named Flaske in 1976.  They are interesting for several reasons.  I'll try to find information on him in the next few days, which I'll post next week with a few more cartoons and more information on the people depicted.  Some of you may recognize the names of Byron Frierson and Tom Drew.  (Mrs. Tom Drew taught many of us in the 4th grade at Sugar Land Elementary.)
  




Flaske must have been friendly with prison farm management to poke gentle/subtle fun at them.