Drop Down MenusCSS Drop Down MenuPure CSS Dropdown Menu

Thursday, March 7, 2013

Sugar Land Aerials From August 30, 1965


These photos were taken on August 30, 1965.  I've made a few annotations indicating changes from the 1940 and 1953 photos posted last week.




I recall playing in the area around Stink Creek in the late '50s.  There were cattails growing there, the first I'd ever seen.  I thought they were fascinating and picked some, which I gave to my grandmother Kelly to decorate a center piece on her sideboard.  

Of course, she took them because I gave them to her, but she may have been skeptical when I told her where I got them.  I never asked, but they may have glowed in the dark.

I'd forgotten there was covered parking in front of the Dairy Queen.
  

1 comment:

  1. Buppa and Nick's marriage was 01/20/1951. I have a picture of my sister and me at the wedding.

    ReplyDelete