Drop Down MenusCSS Drop Down MenuPure CSS Dropdown Menu

Tuesday, March 30, 2010

M.R. Wood High School Commencement, 1963


T.C. Rozelle's memorabilia included a program from the 1963 graduation ceremonies of M.R. Wood High School. He attended the ceremonies that night to present the Imperial Scholarship. As President of Imperial Sugar Company, Mr. W. H. Louviere would normally have made the presentation, but he could not attend. T.C. substituted for him. I've included T.C.'s speech.

Imperial awarded scholarships to deserving students at Sugar Land and M.R. Wood High Schools every other year.


2 comments:

  1. My mother was Miriam Glasgow (Jacobson), class of 1950- she passed away March 3 from complications of lung cancer, and I'm trying to find a way to let her old classmates know we will be having a memorial service on April 10, if they want to attend.. can you point me in the right direction?
    Thanks much-

    ReplyDelete
  2. Liane -

    My father & grandparents lived next to your mother, uncle (Paul) and the Glasgow family on Imperial Boulevard. My mother taught you or one of your siblings kindergarten, I think.

    I will be happy to forward any info to the SLHS distribution list. Send me the info at the address at the top of this blog (in the blue title bar).

    I'm very sorry to hear about your Mother.

    CK

    ReplyDelete