Drop Down MenusCSS Drop Down MenuPure CSS Dropdown Menu

Monday, March 1, 2010

Unidentified SLHS Football Game from 1956 Season


In the last couple of weeks I borrowed a DVD from Dot Hightower and her daughter. It had film of two games from the 1956 football season. I'm not sure, but someone may have shown this DVD at last summer's reunion. (I didn't see it.)

Anyway, there are two games on the disk. One is the Barbers Hill Regional Championship Game. (It is clearly labeled.) There's another game which is unidentified. At first I thought it was the Orchard Bi-District Championship, but I know it's not because Dot has a program from that game, which I've posted below. As you can see from the program, the Orchard game was played in Sugar Land, but the unidentified game is an away game. I'd be curious to know which game this is. (Could it be Friendswood, the final game of the regular season?)

Here is the first 8 minutes of the game film.

(Update) Carlos Tarver is correct. This clip comes from the 1956 Missouri City game played in Missouri City. The Gators won that one 32 - 0.