Drop Down MenusCSS Drop Down MenuPure CSS Dropdown Menu

Saturday, February 13, 2010

North of 36


As I looked at the issues of Texas Commercial News published on December 6 & 13, 1924, I noticed two articles about the silent movie, "North of 36." I've posted the articles below. The first is an ad for the movie, "Abraham Lincoln," screened on December 20th. Note the paragraph below the ad.

The second is an article from the paper published the following week on December 13th. It plays up the buzz caused due to the movie (a full-length Hollywood feature) being filmed near Sugar Land. I like the phrase, 'don't be a slacker or a knocker.'




The public could see the film on January 10th, 1925 and contribute to a good cause, SLISD's PTA. Here is a poster for the film.



I did some research and found this information on the exact location of the filming. Click here.