Drop Down MenusCSS Drop Down MenuPure CSS Dropdown Menu

Sunday, August 23, 2009

Prikryl Hotel, Early 20th Century


(UPDATE) Daniel Stavinoha has told me this isn't the Prikryl Hotel. We're researching the issue and hope to resolve it soon.

I can't recall if this is the way the Prikryl Hotel looked in the 50s and 60s when I remember seeing it. I guess so. (Daniel Stavinoha can confirm it.) Notice the caption says it is Boarding House No. 2, implying there is a Boarding House No. 1. I wonder if No. 1 was the Atwood Hotel on The Hill? I guess it could have been The Imperial Inn, but I don't know when it was moved into town at what is now the corner of Highway 90A and Bayview. (It burned down in the late 40s.)

For those who may not know or remember, the Prikryl Hotel sat on the west side of the refinery complex. I'm not sure of this, but I assume it had an Ulrich Boulevard address.


1 comment:

  1. To the right of this building is the silo to the Imperial Dairy and the bottle cleaning building in front of it.

    The remnants of the old dairy bridge crossing Oyster Creek to the pasture beyond is still standing.

    Notice the horse tied up to the house.

    ReplyDelete