Drop Down MenusCSS Drop Down MenuPure CSS Dropdown Menu

Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Curly Fox & Texas Ruby


I remember watching a local afternoon television show on KPRC back in the mid to late 50s. It was called "Matinee" and Dick Gottlieb was its host. They had local talent, which included Johnny Nash, who was just a teenager at the time.

I recall another pair of artists featured on the show, Curly Fox and Texas Ruby. They had a C&W band. Curly played the fiddle and sang. Ruby sang and played guitar. I found some of their work on YouTube and liked it.

Pat Schiller Bono (DHS '65) told me she and Linda Goerlitz Tamburri (DHS '66) were related to Curly and Ruby. Of course, I never knew that.

I'm going to see if Jerry Naill is on YouTube. (Update: I've found a newsreel clip of the Houston premiere of "Tomboy And The Champ" in 1961. See above.)