Drop Down MenusCSS Drop Down MenuPure CSS Dropdown Menu

Monday, September 22, 2014

More People of Old Sugar Land

I have some sad news to report since my last post in August.  First, long-time Sugar Land resident Lawrence Alaminsky passed away.  Here is an obituary.  Several years ago I posted this short interview with him and Eileen.  It came from a Brookside Subdivision newsletter.


Luther Jordy (SLHS '58) also died recently.  Click here to view an obituary.


My classmate, Cheryl Bailey Hansen (DHS '68), died in mid August.  Thanks to John Frierson (DHS '68) and Marsha Bauman Shaw (DHS '68) for sending information.  Click here for an obituary.  Some of you may remember her brother Johnny (deceased) was in the Class of '64 at Dulles.  Her younger brother James was in the Class of '70.)  I've included a couple of photos.

Class of '68

Cheryl with John Frierson at the '67 Dulles Prom

Finally, some of you may know that Bruce Edwards, Jr. (DHS '65) died in early August.  He and his wife Carmen retired to Arkansas several years ago.

Class of '65

At an Interscholatic League Contest in 1965

My sincerest condolences to Carmen, their children, Randy, Rick, and the extended Edwards family.  Also, my best wishes to Tom Hansen, James, Cheryl's children and her extended family, plus the Jordy and Alaminsky families in their time of grief.