Drop Down MenusCSS Drop Down MenuPure CSS Dropdown Menu

Monday, September 22, 2014

Catching Up After A Long Hiatus


I took some time off and then was swamped with work, so I have some catching up to do.  First, I want to thank Marsha Krause Smith (DHS '68), Tommy Laird (DHS '67), and especially Wayne Boehm (SLHS '55) for help in identifying people in the following Imperial Awards Banquet photo from 1962.

L to R: W. H. Louviere, Sr., Dorothy Jean Kruse Boehm, Curt Schwalbe, Jim Skiles, Julius Johec, W. H. Louviere, Jr., Donald Hoke, Billy C. Smith, and Domingo Garcia.

They celebrated their 5th anniversary with Imperial Sugar that night in 1962.

Travis Gandy (DHS '64) pointed out James Boyd in the photos of Harold Willey's retirement party.

Harold Willey with James Boyd

Wayne also pointed out E. J. Gaiennie in the following photograph.  He's on the far left.  he began working in the Char House when it opened in 1925 and served as a supervisor until his retirement in the 1960s.


And finally, I need to correct a story I posted a few months ago.  I said Haroldetta Robertson's brother-in-law, Henry Robertson (SLHS '51), gave her a relic from the old Richmond bridge built in 1925.  It was a different b-i-l: Herman Klawitter.  But as I said, she still has the relic in her backyard.