Drop Down MenusCSS Drop Down MenuPure CSS Dropdown Menu

Friday, February 1, 2013

Lakeview Cow Pasture


I found these images in scans from the Dierks family scrapbook.  (My thanks go to Margaret Phillips for sharing them.)  I don't know the date these pictures were taken (probably the 1940s), and I can't identify the young woman who appears in them, but I thought it was amusing that someone kept a cow in the vacant area on Lakeview Drive just east of the school campus.

It may have been a temporary arrangement, but it shows the resourcefulness of Sugar Land's residents.

(Update) I got this note from Leon Anhaiser: "We kept a cow at our home on 6th street for milk and cheese.  The cow was taken to pasture each day North of what is now Kempner stadium.  I am not aware of how many people did this."