Drop Down MenusCSS Drop Down MenuPure CSS Dropdown Menu

Friday, February 1, 2013

A Prescription for Mr. Eldridge, August 2, 1909


Here's another image I found in some scans from the Dierks family photo collection.  (Thanks again, Margaret Phillips.)  It is a prescription form for W. T. Eldridge, Sr., who seems to have been suffering from a gastric complaint.

I don't know enough about medicine to decipher the compounds, but I can see that the last element is bicarbonate of soda.

I can't decipher the  abbreviation  beginning with a capital 'M', but what follows is "5 capsules - (another abbreviation I can't decipher) - begin date this evening & later one capsule every hour or two: until bowel acts well: if needed act off with salts." (Signed) W. D. Morris, M.D.


To refresh your memory, here's a picture of the Imperial Drug Store (including doctors' offices) around 1909.

  
Here's a photo of Mr. Eldridge in his office.