Drop Down MenusCSS Drop Down MenuPure CSS Dropdown Menu

Sunday, February 12, 2012

Billy Vic 'Bill' Krehmeier


Many of you probably know Bill Krehmeier died recently.  The Krehmeiers were/are close friends of the Kelly family.  Billy Vic was a close friend of my father's from their earliest days growing up in Sugar Land.  My mother is a close friend of Tuggie Krehmeier.  It was a very sad day for the Kelly family when Bill died.  

Here are a few pictures I found in a family scrapbook. I think they were taken the summer my father graduated from Sugar Land High School.  Bill would be heading for his senior year at SLHS.  This first picture shows Bill and Arthur 'Skeet' Guenther at the Krehmeier home on The Hill, I think.  (My mother thinks that's the Krehmeiers' car.)

This next picture was taken at the old school.


There's an amusing story that goes with this next picture.  I took a printed copy to my mother to help identify the boy in the middle.  She said, "That's Bill on the left, Skeet in the middle, but I don't know who that is on the right."  I said, "Mother!  That's Dad!"  She laughed and said, "Well, I'd never seen him with his hair slicked back like that."