Drop Down MenusCSS Drop Down MenuPure CSS Dropdown Menu

Sunday, February 12, 2012

"Sugar ... Pure Cane Sugar," an Imperial Brochure from 1975


My thanks go to Terry Bates for sending me this scan of the Imperial Sugar Company's promotional brochure, "Sugar ... Pure Cane Sugar," which was published in 1975.  Terry's mother, Mrs. Kenneth Johnson, worked in the Packing Department for many years.  She appears in the bottom photo on page 17 of the brochure.

Notice the photo on page 3 of the brochure of the sugar mill in Santa Rosa, Texas.  The text says when it opened in 1973, it marked the return of sugar growing in Texas after an absence of nearly 50 years.  I can't be sure, but I think it was about 45 years, but I guess the writer wanted a nice round figure.

Two comments:  First, I like the design of this brochure.  It's neat, clean, attractive & direct.  Second, I drank a Coke a couple days ago.  I hadn't downed one in several years since I'm not a big soft-drink drinker.  It tasted pretty bad.  Corn syrup just doesn't cut it.


Sugar ... Pure Cane Sugar