Drop Down MenusCSS Drop Down MenuPure CSS Dropdown Menu

Monday, November 28, 2011

Sugar Land Telephone Company Revisited


I think the Helmcamps gave me this photo -- I see Boots standing against the wall.  I don't recognize any of the other onlookers.  I think that's Robert Hill kneeling as he is dismantling equipment.  I think the location is the building where the Sugar Land Heritage Foundation is now located (the 2-story red-brick building in front of the refinery site). I think Robert is preparing to move the equipment to the building on Highway-90A where Windstream is now located.  If I'm correct, the date is the early 1960s.


Here's a photo of the Windstream building in its original configuration back in the 1960s.


Here's a photo Cherryl Hughes Fikes gave me.  It shows her grandmother, Nola Hughes nearest the camera, Helen Friend behind her & Mildred Rozelle standing in the back.