Drop Down MenusCSS Drop Down MenuPure CSS Dropdown Menu

Friday, April 15, 2011

The 'New' Sugar Land Shopping Center, 1952


I've posted various photos of the old shopping center before, but I thought I'd collect them plus a few more items into an album. I thought this would give a better idea of what it looked like in the 'olden days.'

We start with an invitation to the opening on January 24th, 1952. Notice there was a jewelry store. I assume it was in the back near the elevator & stair well - in the office eventually housing the insurance agency. I don't remember it at all.



The first link takes you to an album of photos, most from the 1950s, but a few from the 1960s.

Link to album of photos

This last link takes you to a short video of the shopping center during the 1950s. My thanks to Tommy Laird for posting it.

Link to short video of shopping center