Drop Down MenusCSS Drop Down MenuPure CSS Dropdown Menu

Sunday, April 9, 2017

A Little More About The Dome

The rodeo ended last month, so I know I'm a day-late-and-a-dollar-short, but I wanted to post this series of photos which comes from a soft-cover book published in 1965 promoting the newly opened Astrodome. (My thanks to Frank Lampson for lending me the book.)

The final section was a look ahead at the 1966 Fat Stock Show and Rodeo, which appeared in the Dome for the first time. Johnny Harris (DHS '64) tells a hilarious story about 'helping' a performer get on his horse before riding through the big gate in center field to entertain the crowd. Let's just say Johnny thought the entertainer needed a seat belt on his saddle to make it through the performance!

Click the image below to view the photos.