Drop Down MenusCSS Drop Down MenuPure CSS Dropdown Menu

Sunday, January 3, 2016

Historic Photos of the US


I want to thank several readers who sent me this album of very high quality photographs scenes in the US more than 100-years ago.  I'm not an expert on the history of photographic technology, but I think these photos are astoundingly crisp because photographers in those days used large box camera, which employed very large negatives.  Essentially, there was a lot of space on the negative to store a lot of pixels, to use modern vernacular.

I also want to point out that whoever collected these photos took some from Shorpy's a very, very good Web site for old photos.  I recommend it highly if you are interested in this kind of stuff.  Click here to go to the Shorpy Web site.

Click on the image below to see the album. Just a lot about Google Photos.  I put captions on the photos giving their dates and locations.  Just click on the 'i' icon to display them.