Drop Down MenusCSS Drop Down MenuPure CSS Dropdown Menu

Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Images of Old Sugar Land


I found the following article in the June 8, 1917 edition of the Texas Farm and Industrial News printed in Sugar Land.  I'm not absolutely certain, but I think the photo just below is the building the article refers to.

 

Next is an undated article (I think it's the '60s) from The Houston Post about dredging Oyster Creek.  I never knew John Sembere was involved in that project.




The first issue of the Texas Farm and Industrial News was printed on June 8, 1917.  It included the following editorial feature.  I've noticed that T. G. Locke is the editor.  I'm reasonably certain he's one of the founders of TracyLocke, the Dallas-based agency that handled Imperial Sugar's advertising and public relations for many years.