Drop Down MenusCSS Drop Down MenuPure CSS Dropdown Menu

Monday, May 19, 2014

Belknap Realty Brochure

 
I posted the aerial photograph from this brochure a while ago, but an anonymous donor has given me an original print, so I thought I'd post the complete brochure and the new photos.  (They are great photos, so thanks very much to the anonymous donor.)

There are a couple of clues which lead me to thinking these photos were taken in 1967.  There's no date on the brochure, so that's the best I can do.  Click on the image to view Belknap Realty's brochure, touting the quality of life in Sugar Land.
  
  
Here are three aerial photos taken for the brochure, the last two weren't used.

This photo was cropped and used in the brochure.
 
These next photos were taken at higher elevations and not used in the brochure.  They give a good view of the area east and northeast of Sugar Land.  Nothing but vacant land, or farm land sits on the west side of the Freeway in Stafford.  Also note the Southwest Freeway ends at Sugar Creek Boulevard.  It wouldn't reach the Brazos River until the mid-to-late 1970s.