Drop Down MenusCSS Drop Down MenuPure CSS Dropdown Menu

Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Old Sugar Land Residents


Some of you may know that three residents of old Sugar Land have died recently.  Here is an obituary for Clara Ruth Sembere Dierks (SLHS '46).   Dorothy Topolanek Humphrey (SLHS '48) gave me an Alligator Splash that included senior profiles for the Class of '46.  You can read Clara Ruth's profile with a story about giving a shot as a student intern at the old Laura Eldridge Hospital.
  
  
Ray Barton (SLHS '57) also died last week.  Here is an obituary.  I regret that I never talked with him about the stories mentioned in his obituary.  Here's a photo of Ray in the first grade; I've circled him standing next to Miss Lima Johnson.
  
   
Finally, Ray Anhaiser died just yesterday.  Here is an obituaryThe photo below shows him in 1952 as a young teller at Sugar Land State Bank.
  
  
My sincerest condolences to the Dierks, Barton, and Anhaiser families.
   

1 comment:

  1. This is a great Blog. Thank-you for sharing. I had never seen this 1st grade photo of my father.

    ReplyDelete