Drop Down MenusCSS Drop Down MenuPure CSS Dropdown Menu

Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Prison Farm Cartoons (Continued)


Here are the remaining cartoons a Central Unit drawn by a prisoner named Faske in the mid 1970s.  Thanks to Mike Bunting for letting me scan them before he donated them to the Sugar Land Heritage Foundation.  

I never found any details about the prisoner.  As I mentioned in the last post, he must have had a good relationship with the management and staff to poke subtle fun at them.  I couldn't identify every person in the cartoons or in the staff photo, but Mike helped me with a few.  I found other relevant photos that may help jog some memories.





 
Central Unit Management & Staff in the 1970s
 
Byron Frierson at Lion's Club meeting in 1968

Justa (Mrs. Tom) Drew, 4th grade teacher in 1960