Drop Down MenusCSS Drop Down MenuPure CSS Dropdown Menu

Thursday, January 24, 2013

More From The Buehring Family Scrapbook


I should have asked Walt Buehring for help in identifying people in these photos, but I'll take a stab at it.  Many thanks to Walt for posting these photos on Flickr and letting me link to them. 

In this first photo Lawrence Elkins is presenting a diploma to Walt at his graduation from Dulles Junior High.  Louis Hans in the background on the right. I can see Herb Shelton and Kenneth Landin in the far background.  If my calculation is correct, this photo was taken in the spring of '68.

(Update) Walt sent me a note saying Mr. Elkins is giving him a science award at the junior high graduation ceremony.
 
G.1960s-111

Walt, Cindy, and Bunnye appear with Dulles exchange student, Niglun Serdaroglu, who lived with the Buehrings in the 1969/70 school year.
   
G.1960s-143


I assume Bunnye is getting a birthday spanking from her friends.

G.1960s-142

This final photo shows Gary Buis with Ann Marie Sciba in the fall of '69, I think.

(Update) Bad guess.  Cindy says this couple is Danny Lewis and Nancy Albright.  Oops.
 
G.1960s-139