Drop Down MenusCSS Drop Down MenuPure CSS Dropdown Menu

Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Power Plant in The Imperial Sugar Refinery


I was searching the Web site, The Portal to Texas History, for an old photo of Imperial Boulevard. I came across these pictures of the Power Plant in the Imperial Sugar Refinery. I worked there as a summer hire in the late '60s & early '70s while I was in college. I recognized these locations right away.

In fact, I went through the Power Plant several months ago as Johnson Development demolished much of the refinery complex. It's funny how much still looked like it does in these pictures. If you've driven down Highway 90A recently, you'll notice that nothing now remains of the Power Plant except two smoke stacks for the old boilers.

These undated photos come from the Fort Bend County Museum Collection. I've included a link to the site so you can see other photos they've posted.





Link to The Portal to Texas History Web Site