I managed to post this exactly 82-years after it was issued. My thanks to the Rozelle family for this item. Note the following:
- The football team had their end-of-season banquet at The Imperial Inn. I. H. Kempner, Jr. gave a miniature gold football to the MVP. Unfortunately, we don't know who got it because that paragraph was clipped from the paper.
- The basketball team began practicing in the old railroad depot as they prepared for the forthcoming season. (There's much more about them in future issues.)
- Several former SLHS students were attending college. A surprising number were pursuing advanced education and reported to be progressing well.
- Imperial had a 'Sugar Day' the previous week. The public was invited to tour the refinery and take home a jug of liquid sugar.
- "Corney Turns The Trick" was postponed, and there were just 8 more shopping days till Christmas.