Drop Down MenusCSS Drop Down MenuPure CSS Dropdown Menu

Saturday, May 8, 2010

Sugar Land Elementary Pee Wee Football Team Wins Bellaire Bowl, 1951


I was talking with Leon Anhaiser (SLHS '57) this past week about SLHS football. He asked me if I knew which teams went undefeated, so I mentioned the '38 team (regular season only), 1953 team (regional champs), and 1956 team (also regional champs). He said I was missing one, so he sent me the following item.




The SL Elementary Pee Wees were undefeated in the fall of 1951 and won the Bellaire Bowl. I'd remembered a reference to the team, but didn't know they were undefeated. See the following picture from the 1953 Gator. Also notice they used The Box just like the big boys.

2 comments:

  1. The 1958 SLHS football team also went undefeated (12 & 0) and was regional champs.
    I played on the 58 team and the 51 pee wee team.

    Thanks,

    Luther Jordy
    SLHS Class of 1958

    ReplyDelete
  2. Luther -

    Thanks for this info. I will contact you for more info in a couple of weeks. Talk to you then.

    CK

    ReplyDelete