Drop Down MenusCSS Drop Down MenuPure CSS Dropdown Menu

Thursday, May 20, 2010

Chuzzy Jenkins & Ralph McCord, Teammates 1938 Gator Football Team


Here's another photo from the Jenkins family archive. It shows Chuzzy and his first cousin, Ralph McCord, who were teammates on the 1938 Sugar Land High School football team. Chuzzy was a senior and Ralph was a sophomore. The '38 team was the first SLHS team to win a district championship. You can see Lakeview Drive in the background. No houses stand on the south side of the street.

3 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for this. G.W.Melton sent me a note letting me know about this . You've given us such a precious gift. I'd love to see more of this era so that I can show Daddy. He's not well and this is a great place to connect!
    Martha Kate McCord

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope he starts feeling better. I wanted to call him and talk about SLHS football. Whenever he's ready to talk, let me know and I'll call. I'll have another picture from 1938 posted later today.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Call whenever you'd like. He's at home. He tires quickly but is happy to talk about Sugar Land and Katy.

    ReplyDelete